Denver Metro Area Bankruptcy Attorneys at Garcia & Gonzales, P.C.
At Garcia & Gonzales, P.C., our experienced Denver metro area bankruptcy attorneys are dedicated to helping people resolve their serious debt issues while helping them protect what matters most to them. Since 1977, our lawyers have been providing our clients with experienced help, honest answers and the highest quality legal services. We have the legal knowledge, skills and insight you can rely on to help you successfully resolve your debt issues and obtain a financial fresh start.
Serving individuals, families and businesses throughout the Denver metro area, as well as the state of Colorado, our attorneys can always be counted on to:
- Clearly explain your best options for resolving your debt issues
- Be mindful of other circumstances or legal issues you may be dealing with and help you resolve these issues as favorably as possible
- Develop innovative solutions to unique financial issues
- Provide you with effective, affordable and family-friendly services
- Treat you with respect while maintaining an open line of honest communication with you
- Work diligently to help you achieve the best possible outcomes to your financial issues.
Pursuing a Colorado bankruptcy can be an effective way to eliminate a lot of debt. While the best type of bankruptcy case to pursue will depend on a person’s situation, in general, the following are the two options commonly used to resolve serious debt:
- With Chapter 7 bankruptcy, people may be able to get their credit card debt, mortgage debt, medical bill-related debt and other types of debt discharged (eliminated). With this type of bankruptcy, however, people will have to pass a means test to qualify.
- With Chapter 13 bankruptcy, people can resolve their serious debt issues by developing repayment plans, which have to be approved by the court. While this type of bankruptcy can be a good option for people who earn too much money to qualify for Chapter 7, it can also be beneficial for people who may have filed a Chapter 7 case within the recent past and need to seek the relief that bankruptcy offers again.
To find out what the best option would be for you, your family and/or your business, contact the trusted Denver metro area bankruptcy attorneys at Garcia & Gonzales, P.C.
Benefits of Bankruptcy
When the court accepts a bankruptcy case, just some of the benefits that the petitioners (i.e., the people who have filed for bankruptcy) can realize include:
- The automatic stay – This court order will immediately stop creditors from contacting petitioners, stop foreclosure proceedings, stop repossessions and stop creditors from trying to garnish a person’s wages. It will also stop IRS levies from being carried out and prevent creditors from filing lawsuits against petitioners.
- Bankruptcy exemptions – These can allow petitioners to keep some of their property and assets through the bankruptcy case. While bankruptcy exemptions apply to homes and vehicles, they also can impact people’s tools, heirlooms and other personal property.
- The debt relief – When a bankruptcy case is successful, people will be able to eliminate a portion (if not all) of their debt. This can effectively unburden them from debt and give them a financial fresh start.
When you trust your bankruptcy case in the hands of the experienced Denver metro area bankruptcy attorneys at Garcia & Gonzales, P.C., you can count on the fact that they will help you realize the most benefits and best outcomes from your bankruptcy case.
While bankruptcy is a great debt relief option for many people, it may not be the best choice for everyone. The seasoned Denver metro area bankruptcy attorneys at Garcia & Gonzales, P.C. always work closely with each of our clients to figure out what their best debt relief options are.
Let’s Discuss Your Debt Relief Options – Contact Us Today
Let’s talk about your best options for getting out from under overwhelming debt. To find out more about how we can help you, contact us today by calling (303) 839-8888 or by emailing us using the drop-down contact form at the top of this page.
When you contact us, you will communicate directly with one of our attorneys, not a paralegal or legal assistant. We also welcome Spanish-speaking individuals to contact us – hablamos Español.