Garcia & Gonzales, P.C.
5 Tips for Keeping Your Holiday Spending in Check
As 2015 winds down, many people are getting ready for the holiday season – and for a lot of people, this will mean spending money to buy decorations, get loved ones gifts, and/or prepare for holiday parties.
If you don’t want to go into debt – or into further debt – celebrating the holidays this year, below are some helpful tips for keeping your holiday spending in check. If, however, you need answers now about what you can do to get out of debt, contact a Denver Bankruptcy Lawyer at Garcia & Gonzales, P.C.
How to Reign In Your Holiday Spending
- Put together a holiday spending budget & stick to it – One of the easiest ways for any spending to snowball out of control is to start making purchases without a budget in place. So, before you start buying anything, figure out how much you can afford to spend in total. Then, set individual budgets for each of your shopping needs; so, have a food budget, a party budget and gift budget. You can even take this a step further and set up sub-budgets for “family” gifts or for certain individuals, if helpful.
- Get one or a few people to “go-in” on some gifts – Want to get someone a pricier gift that may be out of your budget? If so, consider getting another friend or loved one to share the costs and “go-in” on the gift with you.
- Make some gifts, rather than buying everything – Homemade items can add some extra sentiment to a gift, so think about whether there is anything you can make as a gift for some of your loved ones. Keep in mind that you don’t have to give a tangible item, like a homemade quilt; you can give the gift of a favor, such as a coupon for help cleaning the garage or fixing a vehicle.
- Scope out deals and/or shop around – If you missed Black Friday deals, don’t worry; there may still be deals to be had, and doing some comparison shopping (especially with online retailers) can help you get the best deals and save the most money as you make your holiday purchases.
- Consider doing a Secret Santa/white elephant gift exchange – Is your gift list just too long? If so, consider doing a gift exchange in certain circles so that everyone is just buying one gift, rather than a lot of small gifts.
Contact a Denver Bankruptcy Lawyer at Garcia & Gonzales, P.C.
Are you looking for real relief from serious debt? If so, you can trust the experienced Denver bankruptcy lawyer at Garcia & Gonzales, P.C. to provide you with experienced help, honest answers and the highest quality legal services.
To learn more about your best debt relief options, as well as how we can help you, contact us today by calling or by emailing us using the contact form at the bottom of this page.
When you contact us, you will communicate directly with one of our attorneys, not a paralegal or legal assistant. We welcome Spanish-speaking individuals to contact us also – hablamos Español.