Taking out student loans is one of the primary ways that people obtain funding for higher education. In fact, as the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau reports, American borrowers currently owe more than $1.2 trillion in outstanding federal student loans. What may be more shocking than this are the findings that:
- People older than 60 years old still owe about $43 billion in student loans.
- More than 2 out of every 3 college graduates in 2013 had an average of $28,400 in student loan debt.
- Student loan debt in the U.S. exceeds credit card debt.
While student loan debt can be burdensome, however, there are options for relieving this debt. If you are buried in student loan debt and are in need of debt relief, don’t hesitate to contact the trusted Denver metro area bankruptcy attorneys at Garcia & Gonzales, P.C. We are committed to and experienced at helping people resolve their serious debt issues.
When the burden of student loans becomes overwhelming, obtaining relief from this debt can be possible through:
- Debt consolidation – Consolidating your student loans, your other debt or some combination thereof can reduce the number of debt payments you have to make while possibly reducing the amount of your monthly debt payments. Debt consolidation, however, is not for everyone and can, in some cases, be more harmful than helpful. So, be sure to do your research and talk to a lawyer before moving forward with this student loan debt relief option.
- Student loan forgiveness – For some people, student loan forgiveness may be an option. Generally, this student loan debt relief option is reserved for people whose student loans were taken out some time ago and who are employed in specific occupations.
- Filing for bankruptcy – Although filing for bankruptcy will not eliminate your student loan obligations, it can help you discharge other debt, free up some funds and be in a better position to pay down your student loan debts.
Are you looking for relief from overwhelming student debt? If so, you can turn to the experienced Denver debt relief and bankruptcy attorneys at Garcia & Gonzales, P.C. With more than 50 years of combined legal experience, our trusted lawyers have the legal knowledge, skills and insight you can count on to help you favorably resolve your debt issues.
Since 1977, our attorneys have been providing individuals, families and businesses throughout Denver and Colorado with the highest quality debt relief services. When you trust us with your sensitive financial matters, you can be confident that our attorneys will work diligently to help you achieve the best possible outcomes and resolutions.
To learn more about your best debt relief options, as well as how we can help you, contact us today by calling (303) 839-8888 or by emailing us using the drop-down contact form at the top of this page.
When you contact us, you will communicate directly with one of our attorneys, not a paralegal or legal assistant. We welcome Spanish-speaking individuals to contact us also – hablamos Español.